• Antifreeze or car fluids
• Grapes and raisins
• Sago palms
• Tylenol or other medications
Dogs are known to chew on plants. Sometimes they ingest plants that are toxic to them. Sago palm is a common plant that is highly toxic to animals. If your pet ingests sago palm leaves, seek immediate care as severe damage to the liver or even death may occur.
The main ingredient in most antifreeze brands, ethylene glycol, has an inviting aroma and a sweet flavor. If you feel that your pet was exposed to antifreeze, seek immediate veterinary care. The first few hours are critical for saving a pet's life and most pets can make a successful recovery. The longer your pet remains untreated the less likely they are to survive.
Here at Clay Duval Pet Emergency Clinic we want you to have as much information as possible concerning pet poisoning. Below are some poison control hotline numbers that are available for assistance when your pet needs poison consultation.
Animal Poison Control (provided by ASPCA) - 800-548-2423
**$65.00 consult fee for assistance
Pet Poison Helpline - 800-213-6680
**$39.00 consult fee for assistance
Home Again Poison Control - 888-Home-again (888-466-3242)
**FREE if your pet has home again micro chipping